Born: December 9, 1954 - Deceased: June 9, 2022
Jimmy R. Munro, 67, of Troy, IL, born Thursday, December 9, 1954, in East St. Louis, IL, passed away Thursday, June 9, 2022, at his residence in Troy, IL.
Jimmy was a machinist for Granite City Steel. He was a member of the East Lodge #504 AF & AM, Scottish Rite Bodies, Ainad Shrine Drum Corp, Demolay and Black Knights Drum and Bugle Corp.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Father: Jimmy J. Munro
- Mother: Theresa Yvonne, nee Lamb, Geshwender
- John A. Munro
- Jerry Munro
Surviving are his:
- Brian (Allison) Alderson of Arnold, MO
- Daniel (Sam) Munro of Troy, IL
- Nicole (Ben) Thompson of O’Fallon, MO
- Sister: Jane (Jess) Crum of Edwardsville, IL
- Former wife: Sandy Munro of Mascoutah, IL
- Abbey Alderson
- Cora Munro
- Sawyer Alderson
- Sophia Thompson
- Isla Munro
- Flynn Thompson
- Dear nieces, nephews and cousins
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Shriner’s Children.
Visitation: Visitation from 5:00 – 7:00 pm, Thursday, June 16, 2022 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL with a Drum Corp walk through at 6:30 pm.
Funeral: Memorial Service will be held at 7:00 pm, Thursday, June 16, 2022 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Kurt Grosse officiating.
Live Stream: This service may be viewed starting at 6:50 pm through the Kurrus website live stream link.