Born: August 8, 1940 - Deceased: February 13, 2022
Jimmie E. Rogers, 81, of Caseyville, IL, born Thursday, August 8, 1940, in Murray, KY, passed away Sunday, February 13, 2022 at Mar-Ka Nursing and Rehabilitation in Mascoutah, IL.
Jimmie worked as a Baker for the Bakers Confectionery Union. He enjoyed many things in life, but his love for Golf and the outdoors was second to none..except maybe his love for the Chicago Cubs.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Wife, Judith E., nee Burchfield, Rogers
- Son, John E. Rogers
- Parents, William E. and Mary Opal, nee Erwin, Rogers
- William Rogers
- Hamp Rogers
- Sister, June Carol Rogers
- Father and Mother-in-law, John and Sally, nee Ernestine, Burchfield
- Brother-in-law, John Burris
- Sister-in-law, Mary Ann Jones
Surviving are his:
- Vicki (Michael) Weis of Mascoutah, IL
- Melissa “Missy” (Jeff) Sommers of Fairview Heights, IL
- Brother, Carl “Don” (Sharon) Rogers of St. Louis, MO
- Sister, Virginia Burris of Belleville, IL
- Brandon (Becky) Weis
- Erica (Michael Carson) Rogers
- Zachary (Sabrina) Sommers
- Daughter-in-law, Rosey Rogers
- Brother-in-law, Rev. Robert Jones
- Many nieces and nephews
Memorials: Memorials may be made to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Visitation: Visitation from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm, Wednesday, February 16, 2022 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral Services will be held at 12:00 pm, Wednesday, February 16, 2022 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Pastor Rick Koonce officiating. Interment will follow at Caseyville City Cemetery, Caseyville, IL.