Born: July 16, 1935 - Deceased: September 3, 2021
Jane Bohannon, nee Massie, 86, of Swansea, IL, born Tuesday, July 16, 1935, in Brookport, IL, passed away Friday, September 3, 2021 at Memorial Hospital in Belleville, IL.
Jane was a retired teacher whose love of teaching and mentoring she carried throughout her life. She was a lifelong member of St. Matthew United Methodist Church, Belleville IL and long time sponsor of Methodist Youth Fellowship/MYF. In this role she touched many young lives in a positive way.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Beloved husband: Leonard Bohannon, Jr.
- Parents: John and Madeline G., nee Garrett, Massie
- Granddaughter: Jennifer Bohannon
She leaves behind her:
- Laura (Dan) Northway of Red Bud, IL
- Richard (Debbie) Bohannon of Red Bud, IL
- Nathan (Alison) Northway
- Jared (Fiancé Georgia Rollins) Northway
- Jon Bohannon
- Sara Bohannon
- Great-grandson: Ethan Northway
Memorials: In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Shriner’s Hospital for Children.
Visitation: Visitation from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm, Tuesday, September 7, 2021 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral Services will be held at 1:00 pm, Tuesday, September 7, 2021 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Rev. Robert Souders officiating. Interment will follow at Valhalla Gardens of Memory, Belleville, IL.