James Mottershead, 81, of Collinsville, IL, born Friday, May 16, 1941, in East St. Louis, IL, died Tuesday, February 7, 2023 at Memorial Hospital in Belleville, IL.
Jim was a systems analyst for IBM, Boeing, Boise Cascade and Tymeshare. He loved his family and playing golf.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents, Charles T. and Mary E., nee Back, Mottershead
- Brother-in-law, Msgr. James Edward Margason
- Infant son and infant daughters
Surviving are his:
- Wife, Pat, nee Margason, Mottershead of Collinsville, IL
- Daughter, Peggy Butler of Collinsville, IL
- Son, Michael Mottershead of Tucson, AZ
- Brother, Tom (Susan) Mottershead of Santa Maria, CA
- Kendall Butler
- Elizabeth Butler
- Dear nieces and nephews
Memorials may be made to The Meals at Sts. Peter and Paul Parish, St. Louis, MO, Blessed Sacrament School or Collinsville Gators.
Visitation: Visitation from 10:00 – 11:30 am Friday, February 10, 2023 at Sts. Peter and Paul Parish 1919 South 7th Street, St. Louis, MO.
Funeral: Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 11:30 am, Friday, February 10, 2023 at Sts. Peter and Paul Parish (Soulard) St. Louis, MO with Fr. Bruce Forman officiating.
A Live Stream of the Funeral Mass may be viewed online at stspeterandpaulstl.org
Prayers and thoughts are with you Pat and with your family.
Pat and family, so sorry to hear of Jim’s passing. He was a ball to play golf with and also a great poker player. He took my money many times. He was always fun to be around and he always had a big smile and telling jokes. He will be missed by many. May God Bless you and the family at this difficult time.