Born: March 28, 1937 - Deceased: October 7, 2021
Harold Theodore (Ted) Gaston, 84, of Belleville, IL, was born on Easter Sunday, March 28, 1937, in Salem, IL. He died on Thursday, October 7, 2021 at BJC Memorial Hospital, Belleville, IL. Ted graduated from Salem Community High School in 1955. He earned an Associate Degree in Dental Technology from Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL in 1959.
Ted moved to Belleville in 1960 and worked at Tade Dental Laboratory for 9 years. He opened Gaston Dental Laboratory in 1969, serving his customers for an additional 37 years. Ted was dedicated to his work and was a member of the Illinois Dental Laboratory Association. After working long hours, he enjoyed spending time with his family and friends. He was a member of Moose Lodge #1221 in Swansea, IL.
Ted was preceded in death by his:
- Father, Raymond Gaston
- Mother, Ruth Williams, (nee Bryant)
- Beloved Aunt and Uncle, Lillian and Earl Bruce
Surviving are his:
- Wife of 33 years, Laurel Gaston, (nee Glaze), whom he married on August 13, 1988
- Daughter, Angela (John) Kinney of Belleville, IL
- Son, Bruce Gaston of Belleville, IL
- Grandson, Elliot Kinney of Belleville, IL
- Half-brother, Fred Williams
Memorials may be made to the American Heart Association.
Visitation will be held from 11:00am – 1:00pm on Wednesday, October 13 at Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, IL.
Funeral Services will be held at 1:00pm on Wednesday, October 13, at Kurrus Funeral Home with Rev. Larry Patton officiating. Interment will follow at Lake View Memorial Gardens, Fairview Heights, IL.