Born: February 21, 1932 - Deceased: May 22, 2019
Gloria I. Rose, nee Munn, 87, of Swansea, Illinois, born Sunday, February 21, 1932, in East St. Louis, IL, passed away Wednesday, May 22, 2019, at BJH Extended Care, Clayton, MO.
Gloria was a secretary to the principal at BTHS West for 33 years. She was a member of Winstanley Baptist Church in Fairview Heights, Illinois and also on the 1950 East St. Louis, H.S. Reunion committee.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Husband: Clement Reigh Rose
- Father: James Munn
- Mother: Josephine, nee McCaw, Kell
- Grandson: Sean Rose
- 2 sisters
- Doris Schaeffer
- Bettie Owens
- Special friend: Jerome Feinberg
- Lifelong friend: Etta Mae Hoppe
Surviving are her:
- 2 Sons
- Stephen Craig (Diana) Rose of Calendonia, MI
- Kevin (Maira) Rose of Cypress, TX
- Sister: Shirley (Bob) Boelk of Lancaster, OH
- 4 Grandchildren
- Dr. Michael (Sarah) Rose
- Meagan (Nathan) Schimpf
- Amy (Kevin) Greenrose
- Nick Rose
- 4 Great-Grandchildren
- Carter Rose
- Keegan Rose
- Addison Greenrose
- Emilee Greenrose
- Sister-in-law: Gloria Burkhardt of Swansea,, IL.
She was especially close to her:
- Feinberg extended family
- Joanne (Cecil) Showmaker
- Joe (Jennifer) Feinberg
- Michael (Lesa) Feinberg
- Cheryl (Karen Beasley) Feinberg
- Karen (Edward) Feinberg
- Lifelong friends
- Charlene Roche
- Donna Mae Kosidor
- Norma Higgerson
- Doris Fahey
- Many special nieces, nephews and friends
Special Thanks: Special thanks to the staff and friends at Grand Manor.
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the American Cancer Society or St. Jude’s Children’s Foundation.
Visitation: Visitation from 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm, Saturday, May 25, 2019 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Funeral Services will be held at 3:00 pm, Saturday, May 25, 2019 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Rev. Fielding Poe officiating.