Geraldine Simpson-Flores, nee Bohannon, 78, of Belleville, IL, born Thursday, May 15, 1941, in Sikeston, MO, passed away Sunday, May 3, 2020 at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in Saint Louis, MO.
Geraldine worked as a Cook for Mamie O Stookey School. She was a member of First Baptist Church, Fairview Heights, IL.
She was preceded in death by her:
- First husband: Herman Simpson
- Parents: Carp and Alice, nee Young, Bohannon
- Sister: Naomi Grace
Surviving are her:
- Husband, Israel Flores of Belleville, IL
- Rena (Doug) Malone of Lebanon, IL
- Michael (Tara) Simpson of Belleville, IL
- Brother: Mike Bohannon of Lamar, MO,
- 4 sisters
- Bonnie Abshier of Festus, MO
- Peggy Decker of Irwin, MO
- Dorothy Elsperman of Mary Esther, FL
- Diane (Pete) Peterson of Dunnellon, FL
- 5 grandchildren
- Heather (Tyler) Lauderdale
- Cayley (Kyle) Strait
- Nicholas (Katy) Malone
- Micheala (fiancé, Avery Branson) Hernandez,
- Jordan Fray
- 6 great-grandchildren
- Baby Strait due in September
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the First Baptist Church, Fairview Heights, IL
Visitation: Visitation will be held at 10:00 – 11:45 am, Saturday, July 18, 2020 at First Baptist Church in Fairview Heights, IL.
Services: Celebration of Life will be held at 12:00 pm, Saturday, July 18, 2020 at First Baptist Church in Fairview Heights, IL, with Rev. Terry Crownover and Rev. James Kerr officiating.