George H. Francis, 84, of Fairview Heights, IL, born Wednesday, December 1, 1937, in Attleboro, MA, passed away Sunday, January 23, 2022 at Bria of Mascoutah in Mascoutah, IL.
George worked for the U.S. Government in Administration for the Air Force. He was a member of the AFA, loved going to the movie threatre, and was a United States Air Force Veteran serving in the Vietnam War.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents: Charles L. and Florence, nee Whitter, Francis
- Charlie Francis
- Robert Francis
- Ruth Bernell
- Phyliss Delecano
- Agnes Christian
Surviving are his:
- Wife: Gloria J. Francis of Fairview Heights, IL
- whom he married on August 5, 1964
- Joyce (George) Rahar of Fairview Heights, IL
- Georgina “Gina” (Kenneth) Francis-Herbert of Belleville, IL
- George H. Francis, II of Fairview Heights, IL
- Sister: Florence Cushman of MA
- Granddaughter: Lauren Francis
- Niece: Lorrie Annese-Waseleski
Memorials: Memorials may be made to Vitas Hospice.
Funeral: Private services. Interment at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery, St. Louis, MO.
My condolences to the family ! Rest in peace George Sr.
So sorry to hear – another classmate gone. George one of our favorites. My love to all of his family.
So very sorry, Florence. Lots of nice memories with him and you.
Love, Claire Annese Watts (MHS Class of 1957)
Sorry for your loss