Born: August 8, 1935 - Deceased: July 27, 2019
Emma M, nee Davis Gerlitz, 83, of Fairmont City, IL, born Thursday, August 8, 1935, in Cuba, MO, passed away Saturday, July 27, 2019 at Rosewood Care Center – Edwardsville in Edwardsville, IL.
Emma was a loving wife, mother, grandmother and great grandmother. She loved her God. Her favorite past time was reading her bible, listening to gospel music, watching old western movies and cooking amazing meals for her family. She was a former member of Assembly of God in Collinsville, IL.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Husband, William Gerlitz, Jr.
- Father, Elbert Davis
- Mother, Lassie nee Armor Dement
- Step Father, Francis Dement
- Brother, Billie Joe Davis
- Shirlene Trout
- Mary Lucas
- Barbara Stephens
- Great granddaughter, Olivia Blunt
Surviving are her:
- Daughters, Deborah J (Gary Spray) Gorsuch of Granite City, IL
- Tammy J. (Bill) Brown of Collinsville, IL
- Pamela J. (Ronald) Gillespie of Chandler, AZ
- Son, William J Gerlitz III of Fairmont City, IL
- Brother, Harvey (Helen) Davis of Poplar Bluff, MO
- Arlene Holloway of Poplar Bluff, MO
- Wanda Johnson of Poplar Bluff, MO
- Soundra Tompkins of Poplar Bluff, MO
- Irene Moore of Poplar Bluff, MO
- Phyllis Davis of Poplar Bluff, MO
- Dawn (Kendall) Blunt
- Allison Gorsuch Spray
- Joshua (Nicole) Petty
- Amber (Michael) Patrick
- Alexander (Rachel) Petty
- Christopher Gillespie
- Daniel Gillespie
- 10 Great Grandchildren
- Many Loving Nieces, Nephews & Cousins,
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Parent Committee for Special Education or HealthWell Foundation. Donations will be accepted at Kurrus Funeral Home.
Visitation: Visitation from 10:00 am – 11:00 am, Wednesday, July 31, 2019 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Funeral Services will be held at 11:00 am, Wednesday, July 31, 2019 at Kurrus Funeral Home, Rev Gary Wilson officiating. Interment will follow at Lake View Memorial Gardens, Fairview Heights, IL.