Born: January 7, 1935 - Deceased: August 27, 2023
Elizabeth M. Driscoll, nee Uhlean, 88, of Belleville, IL, born Monday, January 7, 1935, in East St. Louis, IL, passed away Sunday, August 27, 2023 at Alhambra Rehab & Healthcare in Alhambra, IL.
Betty worked as a receptionist for over 30 years at Memorial Hospital and was a member of St. Henry Catholic Church in Belleville, IL. She had a deep love of animals; especially dogs. Reading was another passion of hers. She would spend countless hours reading and doing puzzle books. Sometimes plowing through two books in a single week. Although it was rare in her later years, she enjoyed going out to eat as often as she could to spend that time with her family. Her presence will be greatly missed.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Husband, Richard R. Driscoll
- Son, John Quincy Driscoll
- Parents, Vincent and Margit, nee Nagy, Uhlean
- Brother, Robert Vincent Uhlean
Surviving are her:
- Mike (Doris) Driscoll of Alhambra, IL
- Patrick (Joanie) Driscoll of Mascoutah, IL
- Richard (Sydney) Driscoll of Belleville, IL
- Lawrence (Maura) Driscoll of Barrington, NH
- Daughter, Erin DeVore of Belleville, IL
- Angela (Kevin)
- Great grandchildren:
- Former son-in-law, Philip DeVore
- Former daughter-in-law, Diana Mank Wehrman
- Beloved dog, Jules
The Family would like to give a special thanks to the Alhambra Rehab & Healthcare staff for the wonderful care they gave Betty.
Memorials: In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Belleville Area Humane Society, Stray Rescue of St. Louis or ProMedica Hospice.
Visitation: Visitation from 5:00- 8:00 pm, Saturday, September 16, 2023 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Private Interment at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery, St. Louis, MO.