Born: September 19, 1931 - Deceased: November 17, 2022
Edward J. Gain, 91, of Smithton, IL, born Saturday, September 19, 1931, in East Saint Louis, IL, passed away Thursday, November 17, 2022, at Freeburg Care Center in Freeburg, IL.
Edward was a Union Carpenter for Local 433/662 for 70 years. Former business owner of Country Air Mobile Manor for 50 years, loved wood working, spending the winters in Texas, taking care of the chickens, traveling with the R/V, and enjoyed spending time with family. He and Betty made certain that they took all of their grandchildren to Disney World, staying in the R/V.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Wife: Betty L. Gain on September 24, 2022
- They were married on January 21, 1951, celebrating 71 years
- Parents: Edward R. and Marie, nee Wolters, Gain
- Grandson: Michael Gain
- Sister: Crystal Herbstreith
- John Gain
- William “Bill” Gain
Surviving are his:
- Suzanne (Tony) LoBosco of Freeburg, IL
- Edward A. (Susan) Gain of Smithton, IL
- Brother: Luther (Bonnie) Gain
- Marie Marteney
- Ernestine Stroud
- 5 grandchildren
- Ross (Tanya) LoBosco
- Lisa (Tony) Lyles
- Jennifer (Brad) Quirin
- Matthew Gain
- Heather Gain (fiancé, Steffan Slocomb)
- 8 great-grandchildren
- Emma LoBosco
- Airman 1st Class Anthony J. (Lexie) Lyles
- Dominic (Autumn) Lyles
- Christopher Lyles
- Grace Lyles
- Louisa Hass
- Ella Quirin
- Ryan Quirin
- Brother-in-law: Raymond (Sandra) Renner
- Sister-in-law: Jean Gain
- Many nieces and nephews
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Cystic Fibrosis, Smithton Food Pantry, or Family Hospice.
Visitation: Visitation from 11:30 am – 1:00 pm, Monday, November 21, 2022, at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral Services will be held at 1:00 pm, Monday, November 21, 2022. Private interment at Valhalla Gardens of Memory, Belleville, IL.