Edward H. Fischer Jr., 92, of Belleville, IL, born Monday, April 7, 1930, in East St. Louis, IL, passed away peacefully at home with his family by his side on Thursday, December 8, 2022.
Ed took great pride in his family and in the service of his Country. He served in the United States Army from October of 1951 through October of 1953. He retired from McDonnell Douglas Aircraft Company in April of 1987.
Ed was an avid supporter of animals. He loved all his dogs and picked up many off the street.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents, Edward and Lida, nee Miller, Fischer
- Sister, Bernice Heller Whiteside.
Ed is survived by his:
- Devoted and loving wife of 71 years, Wilma, nee Strautz, Fischer
- Michael Fischer of Belleville, IL
- Douglas Fischer of Saint Louis, MO
- 3 granddaughters:
- Candace (Michael) Dori of Swansea, IL
- Tracey (Andrew) Junker of Cody, WY
- Lindsay Fischer (Tony Fogarty) of Arnold, MO
- 1 grandson, Ryan (Andrea) Fischer of Mascoutah, IL
- 10 great grandchildren
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Benld Adopt A-Pet in Benld, IL or Unity Hospice.
Visitation: Visitation from 10:00 am – 1:00 pm, Saturday, December 17, 2022 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral Services will be held at 1:00 pm, Saturday, December 17, 2022 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Father Clyde Grogan officiating. Interment will follow at Lake View Memorial Gardens, Fairview Heights, IL.
I am truly sorry for your loss. Surrounded by family was a blessing. Your family is in my thoughts, and I will love to donate to Adopt A Pet in his honor. Julie
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I know your Dad will be missed terribly but you have so many memories to cherish.