Born: October 10, 1941 - Deceased: May 13, 2019
Dr. Dennis J. Stanczyk, MD, 77, born Friday, October 10, 1941, in Chicago, IL, died Monday, May 13, 2019 at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in Saint Louis, Missouri.
He grew up on the south side of Chicago, played college football and ran track. After college he graduated from St. Louis University School of Medicine and interned at Charity Hospital in New Orleans, LA. He served in the US Navy with Mobile River Forces in Vietnam where he received a Navy Commendation Medal with Combat “V” and was exposed to Agent Orange which caused his cancer. He completed his urological surgery residency at SLU. In January 1976, he began private practice at Urological Associates of Belleville where he introduced new and aggressive urological procedures. He held numerous staff and elected positions on the state and county medical societies as well as on the staff of St. Elizabeth’s and Belleville Memorial Hospitals. He was elected to the Signal Hill School Board and served for 12 years. He served on the Belle Claire Soccer board for 20 years and enjoyed coaching youth soccer with this organization. He helped initiate the Belleville West After Prom parties and funding committees. He was most proud of being “Daddy” and “Papa Dennis” and will miss the kids, tending the garden, riding his “hog”, playing his guitar and Mexico trips.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents: Benny and Irene, nee Orlof, Stanczyk
- First wife: Judy Ann, nee Stoll, Stanczyk
- whom he married in 1969 and enjoyed life together with their children until her death in 1994.
Surviving are his:
- Wife: Dana L., nee Hively, Stanczyk
- whom he married in 1997
- Sister: Karen (Michael) Fitzgerald of Kingwood, TX
- 6 Children
- Dr. Christopher G. (Dr. Kathy) Stanczyk of Murray, KY
- Dr. Geoffery L. (Tony Hawn) Stanczyk of Springfield, MO
- Lara C. (Barry) Wilkinson of Grand Junction, CO
- Dr. Jason L. (Cori) Stanczyk of Belleville, IL
- Emilie I. Stanczyk of Chicago, IL
- Ashley E. (Greg) Teipel of Mundelein, IL
- 3 Stepchildren
- Todd (Haley) Bond of O’Fallon, IL
- Nikki Bond of San Diego, CA
- David Bond of San Diego, CA
- 11 Grandchildren
- Katelynn Stanczyk
- Kendyll and Nate Wilkinson
- Benjamin and Calvin Stanczyk
- Peyton and Grant Teipel
- Cole and Chandler Huttinger
- Jack and Jozee Bond
- Nephew: Nick (Leigh) Fitzgerald
- their son Michael of Houston, TX
- Niece: Rachel (Matt) Smith of Houston, TX
Visitation: Visitation will be held on Thursday, May 16, 2019 from 4 pm to 8 pm at Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: A funeral procession will leave from Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL at 9:45am, Friday, May 17, 2019 for a 10:00 am Mass of Christian Burial at St. Henry Catholic Church in Belleville, IL, with Rev. Kenneth York officiating. Interment will follow at Green Mount Catholic Cemetery, Belleville, Illinois.