Dowell E. Holdgraf, 70, of Belleville, IL, born Thursday, August 11, 1949, in Houston, TX, passed away Thursday, September 12, 2019 at his residence.
Dowell was a member of Signal Hill United Methodist Church Belleville Illinois. He was the board of Directors for the Lessie Bates Davis House. He had a long career in commercial copier sales.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents: Maurice B. Holdgraf, Sr. and Jean, nee Dowell, Holdgraf
- Sister: Elizabeth Carol Holdgraf
Surviving are his:
- Wife: Elizabeth nee Martin, Holdgraf of Belleville, IL
- Daughter: Kinsey E. Holdgraf of Belleville, IL
- Maurice B. (Leanna) Holdgraf, Jr. of Kansas City, MO
- Michael R. (Mary K. ) Holdgraf of Fairway, KS
- Sarah (Michael) Delia of Edwardsville, IL
- Abigail (Martin) Ercoline of Mesa, AZ
- Rachael (Walsh) Keeley of Belleville, IL
- Brother-in-law: William (SoYoung) Martin of Universiry Place, WA
- Many loving nieces, nephews, cousins and friends
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Siteman Cancer Center CB1204 7425 Forsyth Blvd. St. Louis, MO 63105
Visitation: Visitation from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm, Friday, September 20, 2019 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Memorial Service will be held at 1:00 pm, Friday, September 20, 2019 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Rev. Arthur Francis officiating. Private family interment.
RIP COUSIN DOWELL?❤?
So sorry to here of Dowell’s passing, he was a special person to all he met. He will be missed and remembered I have a picture of Dowell in front a glass company in Kansas City with his ty-dye shirt on. Thanks for the memory’s Dowell
Prayers for the Family, I worked with Dowell in KC ( SecurityLink) he was a great employee and friend.
Please know how saddened I was to learn of Dowell’s death. I hope that he did not linger or suffer.
I have so many happy memories of Dowell, Allan and the “church ladies”. What fun we had in our WPPC adventures. I also remember spending a happy visit with Dowell and his mother on the outside bench at Brighton Gardens.
My thoughts are with you and Kinsey.