Doward J. Dawson, 84, of Belleville, IL, born Saturday, May 30, 1936, in Omaha, NE, passed away Sunday, September 20, 2020 at his residence.
Doward worked as a Projectionist for General Cinema Corporation (GCC). He was a member of First Christian Church, Belleville IL and was a former Deacon at the church.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents: Doward and Grace, nee Thompson, Dawson of Omaha, NE
Surviving are his:
- Wife: Barbara A., nee Bailey, Dawson of Belleville, IL
- 2 sons
- John D. Dawson of Granite City, IL
- Michael W. (Kathryn) Dawson of Arnold, MO
- 2 sisters
- Neva V. Walton of Coolidge, AZ
- Dorene M. Taft of Mesa, AZ
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the American Heart Association.
Visitation: Visitation from 9:00 – 10:00 am on Thursday, September 24, 2020 at First Christian Church, Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral service will be held on Thursday, September 24, 2020 at 10:00 am at First Christian Church, Belleville, IL with Pastor Doug Hargrave officiating. Burial will follow at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery, St. Louis, MO.