Born: September 27, 1937 - Deceased: January 14, 2021
Doris Kunz O’Connor, nee Goeddel, 83, of O’Fallon, IL, born Monday, September 27, 1937, in Waterloo, IL, passed away Thursday, January 14, 2021 at St. Joseph’s Hospital in Highland, IL.
Doris was the youngest of four children and had a beautiful singing voice like her older brother and sister. At age 20, she went to New York with her trio from Waterloo, IL, The Debettes, and won the Ted Mack Amateur Hour vocal contest.
Doris worked as a beautician and beauty receptionist before having her family. Later, she worked and retired from Famous Barr (Macy’s) fine jewelry. She was a member of St. Paul United Church of Christ (and choir member for some of those years,) Belleville IL and an avid bridge and pinochle player. She was a Memorial Hospital Volunteer, PTA member and Girl Scout Leader. She valued her many friends and acquaintances through all of her years and especially those whom she had the pleasure to know in these last few, difficult years.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Robert Kunz
- Donald O’Connor
- Daughter: Dana Heberer
- Parents: Victor and Hilda, nee Lenhardt, Goeddel
- Brother: Vernon Goeddel
- Adele Buettner
- Mary Beth Jerome
Surviving are her:
- Dwight (Robin) Heberer of Belleville, IL
- Diana (Duane) Trickey of Swansea, IL
- Step children:
- Steve (Lana) Kunz of Belleville, IL
- Stephanie (Bob) Braswell of O’Fallon, IL
- Sister-in-law: Joanne Goeddel
- 8 grandchildren:
- Anna (Thomas) Bernard of Eau Claire, WI
- Ali (Zach) Schermer of Ozark, MO
- Kate Trickey of Swansea, IL
- Kayla (Garret) King of Edwardsville, IL
- Alex Braswell of O’Fallon, IL
- Abby Braswell of O’Fallon, IL
- Claire (Aaron) Turner of Scott AFB, Belleville, IL
- Emma Kunz of Belleville, IL
- 2 great grandchildren:
- Wyatt Schermer
- Miles King
- Dear nieces and nephews
- Great-nieces and nephews
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Belleville Area Humane Society, Community Interfaith Food Pantry, Belleville, IL, Heartland Hospice, Fairview Heights, IL, or First United Methodist Church, O’Fallon, IL.
Visitation: Visitation from 1:00 – 2:00 pm, Saturday, January 23, 2021 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Private Family Memorial Service will be held on January 23, 2021 at Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, IL.
All Covid-19 restrictions will be followed. Please wear masks and observe social distancing.
Services: Due to Covid, private family services will be conducted. Live streaming can be viewed at time of service at www.facebook.com/KurrusFH on January 23, 2021 at 2:00 pm with Lay Minister, Kerry Turk officiating.