Born: March 6, 1936 - Deceased: December 14, 2021
Dora Jean Reason, nee Hoppock, 85 of Hardy, AR, born Friday, March 6, 1936, in Galesburg, IL, passed away Tuesday, December 14, 2021, at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis, MO.
She loved spending time on her Arkansas property in the foothills of the Ozarks. She was a lover of animals and took in many homeless dogs and cats over the years. She had great compassion for wildlife, and she particularly enjoyed bird watching. She also appreciated antiques and collected many lovely pieces for her home. She was an avid reader of both fiction and nonfiction and especially loved biographies about British Royalty.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Husband, Charles Reason
- Parents, Clarence Hoppock, and Myrtle Jordan, nee Peters
- Daughter, Teresa Luick, nee Martin
- Sister, Wanita Asbury, nee Hoppock
- Galen Hoppock
- Jack Hoppock
- Maurice Hoppock
Surviving are her:
- Daughter, Doreen Kelly Forbes, nee Martin, of O’Fallon, IL
- Son, Franklin Martin (Sue) of Wellington, OH
- Many grandchildren and great grandchildren
- She is also survived by her beloved pets:
- her dog, Ollie
- her cats, Inky, Pissant, Mama Kitty and Friskie
Memorial donations may be made to the Stone County Humane Society in Mountain View, Arkansas
Private services were held.