Born: June 26, 1953 - Deceased: April 16, 2023
Donna Lee Potter, nee Simpson, 69, of Belleville, IL, born Friday, June 26, 1953, in Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, April 16, 2023 at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in Saint Louis, MO.
Donna was a member of Cornerstone Christian Church in Shiloh, IL, a preschool teacher at the YWCA and YMCA in Clinton IA, and a member of the Center Stage Drama Company. She also volunteered at Rock River Christian Camp. She was a beloved aunt, sister, and cousin. She was a gifted preschool teacher and advocate for children. Her volunteer work at Rock River Christian Camp lasted from the 1960s to the early 2000s. She wrote plays and songs. She was warm to all. Any stranger was just a friend that she had not yet met. This made her a gifted evangelist and she led dozens of people to Christ, including nearly all of her family either directly or indirectly.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Father: Loren Simpson
- Mother: Emma, nee Williams, Simpson
Surviving are her:
- Husband: Mark G. Potter of Belleville, IL
- Matthew (Kim) Potter of Kirkland, WA
- Leah (Nate) Richter of Fulton, IL
- Jacob Potter of Rock Island, IL
- Keturah Paul of East Troy, WI
- Abigail Murphy of Belleville, IL
- Bob (Kathy) Simpson of Cordova, IL
- David (Kerri) Simpson of Dallas, TX
- Linda (Bernie) Klinedinst of Three Oaks, MI
- Lori (Jerry) Gravert of Camanche, IA
- Sandy (Paul) Roy of ParkView, IA
- 9 grandchildren
- Brisco Potter
- Nella Richter
- Anna Richter
- Mason Richter
- August Richter
- Winnie Paul
- Lincoln Paul
- Elisha Murphy
- Selima Murphy
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Rock River Christian Camp.
A private burial will take place at Shiloh Valley Township Cemetery in Shiloh, IL. with Cathy Wright officiating.
Memorial Service: A Memorial Service is to be held at the Clinton Church of Christ at 210 N 13th St, Clinton, IA on May the 6th, 2023. The doors are open to the public at 10:00 AM with the official service to begin at 11:00 AM.