Born: August 18, 1950 - Deceased: May 20, 2022
Donald “Don” J. Savage, 71, of Fairview Heights, IL, born Friday, August 18, 1950, in East. St. Louis, IL, passed away Friday, May 20, 2022 in Belleville, IL surrounded by his three children.
Don retired after working over 40 years in the automobile industry, ending his career as a mechanic. His favorite things were horseback riding, black Labrador Retrievers, riding four wheelers, fishing, turkey hunting, piddling in the garage, working on cars, golf, deer hunting, boating, and float trips. One of his favorite places was the Shawnee National Forest. Don’s passion was waterfowl hunting: chasing green heads throughout the rivers and lakes of Southern Illinois with his closest friends. He loved his grandchildren the most.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents: James A. and Lorayne, nee Lohman, Savage
- Step-father: Gerard Lang
- Brother-in-law: John McKay
Surviving are his:
- Angie (Keith) Henson of Marissa, IL
- Jamie (Heather) Savage of Freeburg, IL
- Ryan (Becky) Savage of Millstadt, IL
- Jackie Savage McKay of Millstadt, IL
- Kevin Lang of Vernon, CT
- Vicki (Phil) Mendenhall of Anna, IL
- Mother of Jamie and Angie: Pam Barbieri of Marissa, IL
- Mother of Ryan: Sandi Savage of Fairview Heights, IL
- Niece: Jeannette Saak
- Geoffrey Cooley
- Zach Henson
- Ian Henson
- Parker Henson
- Alex Savage
- Ava Savage
- Nolan Savage
- a future grandson due in a few weeks.
Memorials: In lieu of flowers and because Don was a passionate waterfowl hunter and supporter of conservation please direct any gifts, in his honor, to Delta Waterfowl by visiting www.deltawaterfowl.org/donate or send to DW headquarters at 1412 Basin Ave, Bismarck, ND 58504. Please include a note with your donation that it’s in honor of Don Savage.
Visitation: A visitation will take place on Thursday, May 26th, 2022 from 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Services: One of Don’s last wishes was a celebration in lieu of formal services. A Celebration of Life will be held on August 20th, 2022 by invitation only.