Born: February 7, 1942 - Deceased: August 21, 2021
Dinah L. Johnson – Langridge, nee Pyle, 79, of Belleville, IL, born Saturday, February 7, 1942, in East St. Louis, passed away Saturday, August 21, 2021 at Cedarhurst of Collinsville.
Dinah was a current member of Christ Church Fairview Heights, IL, a former long-time member of Winstanley Baptist Church in Fairview Heights, IL, ASPCA and the Sierra Club. She had a genuine love of nature and animals and enjoyed sharing that love with her children and grandchildren. Dinah was very charitable and always helped out where needed at church and with organizations such as Meals on Wheels. She loved being active and being outside. She spent a lot of time with her family camping and boating and has passed on the love of those things to her children. Her entire life, Dinah loved dancing, and was still dancing at Cedarhurst until about a month ago.
She was preceded in death by her:
- First Husband, Roger W. Price – Johnson
- Parents, Dewey and Lucy Pearl, nee Hancock, Pyle
- Beloved half-sister, Marbyne Garrison
Surviving are her:
- Husband, William “Bill” Langridge of Maryville, IL
- Daughter, Diana (Jody) Mercer of Belleville, IL
- Son, Aaron (Jada) Johnson of Belleville, IL
- Sister, Laura (Jim Herrick) Tell of Urbandale, IA
- Peyton Mercer
- Kolton Mercer
- Sydney Johnson
- Cooper Johnson
- Many nephews, nieces, and cousins she loved so incredibly much
Memorials: In lieu of flowers memorials may be made to the Alzheimer’s Association.
Visitation: Visitation from 4:00 – 7:00 pm, Wednesday, August 25, 2021 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Funeral Services will be held at 7:00 pm, Wednesday, August 25, 2021 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Dr. Timothy Gibson officiating. Private interment will be held at Lake View Memorial Gardens, Fairview Heights, IL.