Born: February 11, 1954 - Deceased: July 2, 2021
Diann J. Castillo, nee McCandless, 67, of Belleville, IL, born Thursday, February 11, 1954, in Brookfield, MO, passed away Friday, July 2, 2021, at Memorial Hospital East in Shiloh, IL.
Diann was a district manager for Simply Fashions based out of Birmingham, AL, for 20+ years. She was a member of Faith Family Church, Shiloh, IL. In her free time, Diann loved to play bingo, go to the casino to play slot machines, watching her “soaps” and reading Danielle Steele novels. Diann and Victor were avid “cruisers” and took Carnival cruises anytime they could get away. She loved her grandkids more than anything in this world and will forever be affectionately remembered as “Maw Maw.” Diann and Victor have been married for 42 years and their love was definitely one for the storybooks.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Father, Raymond R. McCandless
- Mother, Ina Jondro (Avery)
- Brother, Franklin L. Smith, Jr.
Surviving are her:
- Husband, Victor Lee Castillo of Belleville, IL
- Tracey Wolters of Belleville, IL
- Victoria (Brad) Wilken of Belleville, IL
- Christina (Mike) Masters of Costa Mesa, CA
- Isabella Wolters
- Layton Wilken
- Landry Wilken
- Sister, Betsy (William) Clossen
- Many nieces and nephews and close friends who were like family
- Her fur baby, Minnie
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the American Cancer Society.
Visitation: Visitation from 10:00 am – 1:00 pm, Thursday, July 8, 2021, at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Memorial Service will be held at 1:00 pm, , July 8, 2021, at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Pastor Rick Hufton officiating. Private family interment will follow at a later date.