Born: July 21, 1943 - Deceased: September 12, 2022
Denys J Robitaille, 79, of Belleville, IL, born Wednesday, July 21, 1943, in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada, passed away Monday, September 12, 2022, at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in Saint Louis, MO.
Denys was well known in the region for his career in the restaurant industry, in particular, for his talents as a creative chef. He owned, managed, and/or worked in several local restaurants including The Quebec City Bistro, Le Sweet Caffe, La Petite Maison, and La Bonne Bouchee. He worked as a chef at restaurants in France and Italy, and in Quebec at Les Ancetres Auberge & Restaurant, La Pizz, and many others. Denys loved food. His life revolved around reading cookbooks, creating new recipes, selecting the perfect ingredients, preparing a special creation, and slowly savoring each bite. But above all, Denys loved God and his daily passages, his family, and his many, many pets, including his puppy, Freddy Jr.
He was preceded in death by his:
- parents, Eugene and Julienne (nee Cote) Robitaille of Quebec
- The love of his life and partner of more than 25 years, JoDee Favre of Belleville, IL
- His blended family including:
- Dominic (Rhia) Robitaille of Belleville, IL
- Nicholas (Paula) Robitaille of Troy, IL
- Matthew Robitaille of Belleville, IL
- Lea Wallace of Belleville, IL
- Alex (Emily) Jones of Belleville, IL
- Zoe Robitaille
- Olivia Robitaille
- Emma (Cody) Boswell
- Julian Phillips
- The mother of his three sons, Karen Robitaille of Belleville, IL
Denys cherished his many friends and family here and in Quebec.
The family would like to thank the medical professionals who cared for Denys over several years, including Dr. John Visconti and his staff, Dr. Steven Hunt, Dr. Arnold Bullock, Dr. Andrew Weber, and Dr. Arnab Majumbdar.
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Belleville Area Humane Society in honor of his passion for and love of animals.
Funeral: Funeral Services-private.