Born: April 1, 1939 - Deceased: November 23, 2021
Denis Clarence Gwaltney Sr., 82, of Belleville, IL, born Saturday, April 1, 1939, in East St. Louis, IL, passed away Tuesday, November 23, 2021, at his residence in Belleville, IL.
Denis was a sheet metal worker with Local #268 and retired in 2001 after 44 years of service.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents: James Clarence and Anna Marie nee Quick, Gwaltney
- Daughter-in-law: Pamela Gwaltney
- Brother: Bill Gwaltney
Surviving is his:
- Loving wife of 56 years: Fern nee Bridges, Gwaltney of Belleville, IL
- Son: Dennis C. Gwaltney Jr. of Hurst, IL
- Brother: James (Connie) Gwaltney of Walnut Hill, IL
- Dolores Kelley of Landsdale, PA
- Marcia Gwaltney of St. Peters, MO
- Shannon Schroeder
- Victoria Gwaltney
- Great granddaughter: Jade Schroeder
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Alzheimer’s Association.
Visitation: Visitation from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm, Tuesday, November 30, 2021 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral Services will be held at 1:00 pm, Tuesday, November 30, 2021 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Rev. Kenneth York officiating. Interment will follow at Lake View Memorial Gardens, Fairview Heights, IL.