Born: June 10, 1947 - Deceased: March 5, 2022
Della M. Schaub, nee Capell, 74, of Belleville, IL, born Tuesday, June 10, 1947, in East Saint Louis, IL, passed away Saturday, March 5, 2022 in Chrisman, IL.
Della studied at Southwestern Illinois College. She worked for many years and retired as a computer tech at BJC in St. Louis, MO. Della loved the holidays and out did herself on decorations and gifts every year. She always seemed to know what everyone needed or wanted. She was known for hosting some of the most memorable gatherings for the holidays. Everyone was welcome including friends and neighbors alike. Della loved to cook. She made the best homemade chili, corn salad, fudge and more. Della also loved listening to Elvis and Cher and decorating her home in roses and cardinals. Festive right down to her news wrapping paper, she was an honest person that told you the truth, whether good or bad. She loved her husband, kids, grandkids and great grandkids unconditionally. She will always be in our hearts and loved and missed by all.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Husband, George G. Schaub, Sr.
- David William Schaub, Jr.
- George G. Schaub, III
- Parents, Henry and Lillian, nee Mulligan, Capell
- Brother, Darrel W. Capell
Surviving are her:
- George G. (Erica) Schaub, Jr. of Granite City, IL
- David William (Gina Hassard) Schaub, Sr. of Belleville, IL
- Daughter, Tina (Fiance Bobby Morbor) Peterson of Swansea, IL
- Dennis Capell of Chesterfield, VA
- David Capell of Paris, IL
- Sister, Donna (Bill) Allen of Caseyville, IL
- Amber (Len) Sutton
- Lisa (Jeremy) Meyer
- Travis Schaub
- Samantha Schaub
- Austin Peterson
- Aubree Peterson
- 8 Great-grandchildren
- Sister-in-law, Carolyn Capell of Millstadt, IL
- Nieces, Nephews, Cousins and many friends
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Villa Hills Fire Department.
Visitation: Visitation from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm, Thursday, March 10, 2022 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Funeral Services will be held at 1:00 pm, Thursday, March 10, 2022 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Msgr. Bill McGhee officiating. Private Interment will be at Mount Carmel Cemetery, Belleville, IL.