Born: November 1, 1963 - Deceased: February 16, 2023
Debra A. Hunter, nee Jarvis, 59, of Smithton, Illinois, born Friday, November 1, 1963, in East St. Louis, IL, passed away peacefully surrounded by her family on Thursday, February 16, 2023 at her residence in Smithton, IL.
Debbie worked as a beautician. She started her career at Fantastic Sam’s, and worked at B’s Styling Salon for 22 years. She was a member of St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Smithton, IL, Freeburg High School Athletic Booster Club, Bowling Parent Representative for Freeburg High School, an avid bowler, and loved anything to do with Betty Boop.
Debbie was a beloved wife, mother, grandmother and sister to her family. She was loved and appreciated by so many friends. Debbie was soft-spoken, big-hearted, with a sweet smile for all who knew her.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Father: Ray Jarvis
- Mother: Linda Schrum
- Brother: Jimmy Schrum
- Mother and father in-law: Ruth and Charles Hunter
Surviving are her:
- Husband of 24 years: James Hunter of Smithton, IL
- Steven (Tegan) Jarvis of Fairview Heights, IL
- Tyler Hunter of Smithton, IL
- Daughter: Lauren Hunter of Smithton, IL
- Mother: Marge Jarvis of Smithton
- Ten siblings
- Sandy (Mike) Smallwood of Smithton, IL
- Cindy Haas of Belleville, IL
- Jeff (Grace) Merlenbach of Red Bud, IL
- Charlie (Susan) Jarvis of Kenneth City, FL
- E.J. Jarvis of Dallas, TX
- Mike (Sheila) Jarvis of Red Bud, IL
- Trishica (Frank) Perez of Palm Harbor, FL
- Shawn (Harry) Pope of Largo, FL
- Tammy (Rick) Hardin of Piedmont, MO
- Kenny (LaDawn) Schrum of Chaffee, MO
- Two grandchildren
- Braelynn Holland
- Hudson Ray Jarvis
- Many loving nieces and nephews
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the American Heart Association and American Cancer Society.
Visitation: Visitation from 4:30pm to 9:00pm on Sunday, February 19, 2023 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral procession will leave Kurrus Funeral Home at 9:30am on Monday, February 20, 2023 for a 10:00 am Mass of Christian Burial at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Smithton, IL with Father Stan Konieczny and Rev. Ken York officiating. Interment will follow at Village of Smithton Cemetery, Smithton, IL.