Born: May 29, 1937 - Deceased: January 16, 2023
David E. Grider, 85, of Fairview Heights, IL, born Saturday, May 29, 1937, in East St. Louis, IL, passed away Monday, January 16, 2023 at St. Elizabeth’s Hospital in O’Fallon, IL.
David worked as an office manager for a variety of businesses throughout the area. He was a member of First Baptist Church in Fairview Heights, IL, PSOP, St. Clair County Genealogical Society, BTHS Class of 1955 and received Outstanding Local Government Achievement Award in 2022. David was a Veteran of the U. S. Air Force.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Son: Derric Steven Grider
- Parents: Edgar and Mary Charlotte, nee Gibbs, Grider
- Brother: James Grider
Surviving are his:
- Wife: Sharon K. Grider of Fairview Heights, IL
- Daughter: Deidra (Matthew) Crook of Arnold, MO
- Son: Alan Grider of O’Fallon, IL
- Sister: Barbara Schrader of Rio Rancho, NM
- Sister-in-law: Mary Grider of Mayfield, KY
- Steven Alan Crook
- Claire Ann Crook
- Kaiden Edward Grider
- Dear nieces and nephews
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the First Baptist Church in Fairview Heights, IL or St. Elizabeth’s Foundation. https://www.hshs.org/StElizabeths/Giving
Visitation: Visitation from 9:00 am -12:00 noon, Saturday, January 21, 2023 at First Baptist Church in Fairview Heights, IL.
Funeral: Funeral Services will be held at 12:00 noon, Saturday, January 21, 2023 at First Baptist Church in Fairview Heights, IL, with Rev. Scott Douglas