Born: March 29, 1936 - Deceased: April 6, 2022
Charles W. Moore, 86, of Belleville, IL, born Sunday, March 29, 1936, in Litchfield, IL, passed away Wednesday, April 6, 2022 at Memorial Hospital East in Shiloh, IL.
Charles graduated from NIU in 1958. He worked as a Cartographer at the Defense Mapping Agency in St. Louis for 35 years, retiring in 1993. He was a man of great faith devoting himself to the Lord as an elder and serving others with a Christian Spirit. He was a loving husband, father and grandfather. He never missed an opportunity to support any family activities. In his free time he enjoyed golfing, outdoor pursuits and was an avid reader.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents: Charles and Lora, nee Jones, Moore
Surviving are his:
- Loving wife of 64 years: Carmen Moore of Belleville, IL
- Michael Moore of Swansea, IL
- Lisa (Mark) Hoelscher of St. Louis, MO
- Russell Moore of Mascoutah, IL
- Amy (Michael) Weisbrodt of Swansea, IL
- Brother: Ronald (Linda) Moore of Hernando, FL
- Sister: Mary (Dave) Zeretzke of Friday Harbor, WA
- Colin (Kerri)
- Kristin (Alex)
- Sarah (Doug)
- Amanda (Stephen)
- 6 great-grandchildren
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Greenmount Road Church of Christ or Donor’s Choice
Visitation: Visitation from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm, Monday, April 11, 2022 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Funeral Services will be held at 1:00 pm, Monday, April 11, 2022 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Chad Stafko officiating. Private family interment at Green Mount Protestant Cemetery in Belleville, IL.
Live Steam: His service may be viewed starting at 12:50 pm through the Kurrus website live stream link. (at top of page on scroll bar)