Charles Edward Short, 76, of Collinsville, IL, born Wednesday, July 3, 1946, in Guthrie, OK, passed away Tuesday, November 22, 2022 in St. Louis, MO.
Charles worked as a manager for a furniture retail company.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents: Clarence and Eleanor, nee Dilley, Short
- Brother: Clarence “Steve” Short
- Sister: Josephine Keeney
- Niece: Donna Carlyle
Surviving are his:
- Heather (Patrick) Grieve of Collinsville, IL
- Kristin (Michelle) Engle of St. Louis, MO
- Sister: Virginia (Russell) Van Der Wege of Colorado Springs, CO
- 6 Grandchildren
- Mackenzie Grieve
- Connor Grieve
- Julia (Devan) Brown
- Darby Cambron
- Logan Cambron
- Ellah Engle
- 3 Great-grandchildren
- Meara Brown
- Allison Brown
- Liam Brown
- Numerous dear nieces, nephews and cousins
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Alzheimer’s Association.
Visitation: A Visitation will be held from 3:00 – 7:00 pm, Saturday, November 26, 2022 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
I knew Charlie when we were growing up together in Fairmont City. He was always a good friend and he will be missed by all who knew him.
My heart hurts for Uncle Charlies family now but I feel so blessed that I believe that he is in the arms of his loving family and friends that were waiting for him. His mind is healed and he is at such Peace now! Love and Prayers to all our Family. ❤️🙏🌹