Born: February 23, 1934 - Deceased: June 3, 2019
Carolyn L. Rawlings, nee Cruce, 85, of O’Fallon, Illinois, born Friday, February 23, 1934, in East St. Louis, IL, passed away Monday, June 3, 2019 at The Colonnade in O Fallon, Illinois.
Carolyn retired as the Executive Director for Manor Grove Nursing Home. She was an active member of Signal Hill United Methodist Church in Belleville, IL.Very active with Kirkwood Chamber of Commerce (president elect) and Missouri and Illinois Nursing Home associations.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Parents, Wade and Edna nee, Ferkel, Cruce
- 2 Sons:
- Steven Ellerbusch
- Richard Rawlings II
- Sister and brother-in-law, Wilma and Dan Sullivan
- Brother, Wade “Sonny” Cruce
- Grandson, Christopher Brown
- Son-in-Law, Michael Brown
Surviving are her:
- Husband, Richard Rawlings of O’Fallon, IL
- 2 Daughters:
- Linda Ellerbusch Brown of St. Charles, MO
- Danielle (Glenn) Heil of Houston, TX
- Brother, Kenny (Ellen) Cruce of Highland, IL
- Sister, Denise (Dennis) Knolhoff of O’Fallon, IL
- 8 Grandchildren:
- Garret (Victoria) Brown
- Nick Heil
- Brett Heil
- Mitchell Heil
- Colby Ellerbusch
- Ryan Rawlings
- Richard Rawlings
- Abbi Brown
- 4 Great Grandchildren:
- Kaylee Brown
- Peyton Brown
- Keira Brown
- Noah Ellerbusch
- Brother and Sister in law, Dave (Jennifer) Rawlings
- Daughter-in-love, Janet Varner
- Numerous nieces and nephews;
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Alzheimer Association and Violence Prevention Center.
Visitation: Visitation from 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm, Friday, June 7, 2019 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, Illinois and from 9:30 am – 10:30 am Saturday, June 8, 2019 at Signal Hill United Methodist Church in Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Funeral service will be held at 10:30 am on Saturday, June 8, 2019 at Signal Hill United Methodist Church in Belleville, Illinois, with Rev. Doug Stewart officiating. Private Internment at Oak Hill Cemetery, Kirkwood, MO.