Born: June 19, 1931 - Deceased: October 31, 2020
Carolyn F. Friedewald, nee Field, 89, of Belleville, IL, born Friday, June 19, 1931, in St. Louis, MO, passed away Saturday, October 31, 2020 at Cedar Ridge Healthcare in Lebanon, IL.
Carolyn worked as a social worker for the State of Illinois and also worked as the Director for the Mental Health Association. She was a member of First United Presbyterian Church of Belleville and was extremely active in her church. She was also a Volunteer-in-Mission for the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), and a past president of the Belleville Junior Women’s Club and Civic League of Belleville and a member of Sigma Sigma Sigma Sorority.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Son: Fredrick Emory Friedewald
- Parents: Emory Price and Minette H., nee Hempen, Field
- Jane Snebold
- Doris Sanders
- Brother-in-law: George Snebold
Surviving are her:
- Dee A. McCarty of Belleville, IL
- Kay M. (Jeff) Schanuel of Swansea, IL
- Jan E. (Dennis) Nevois of Belleville, IL
- Son: F. James (Meg) Friedewald of Belleville, IL
- Sean P. (Aubrey) McCarty
- Daniel L. Schanuel
- Angela M. (Christopher) Sheridan
- Peter M. (Marta) Friedewald
- F. Nicholas (Kerry) Friedewald
- Samuel P. Friedewald
- 7 great grandchildren
- Brother-in-law: Harv B. Sanders
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the First United Presbyterian Church, Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Private family interment at Valhalla Gardens of Memory, Belleville, IL, Thursday afternoon, November 5th with Rev. Rob Dyer Officiating.