Born: November 11, 1926 - Deceased: January 28, 2019
Betty J. Bastian, nee Gaines, 92, of O’Fallon, Illinois, born Thursday, November 11, 1926, in East Saint Louis, IL, passed away Monday, January 28, 2019 at Lebanon Care Center in Lebanon, Illinois.
Betty worked for 30 years at Scott Air Force Base for the Air Weather Service, Air Force Communications Service and Defense Electronics Communication Office. She was a graduate of East St. Louis Senior High School class of 1944. She was a member of St. Michael’s Episcopal Church, O’Fallon, Illinois.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Husband: Leo William Bastian
- Parents: Clyde S. and Dora M., nee Piper, Gaines
- Daughter: Cindy Dumdey
- Sister: Edith Hamilton
- 2 Brothers-in-law
- Robert Hamilton
- Charles Modica
Surviving are her:
- Randy (Jill) Bastian of Belleville, IL
- Joni Bastian (Michael Pegg) of O’Fallon, IL
- Susan (Ramon) Armand of Clermont, FL
- Sister: Doris Modica of New Orleans, LA
- 7 Grandchildren
- Lindsey Bastian
- Steven (Stacy) Treu
- Lisa (Todd) Nelson
- James (Miriam) Summers
- Joy (Kirk) Sorce
- Laura (Javier) Tueros
- Dennis (Monica) Summers, Jr.
- 16 Great-Grandchildren
- 5 Great, Great-Grandchildren
- Son-in-Law: David Dumdey, Rapid City, SD
- 2 Sisters-in-Law
- Elizabeth (Denzil) Cummins of Collinsville, IL
- Virginia Copp of Batavia, IL
- Many loving Nieces and Nephews
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the St. Michael’s Episcopal Church.
Visitation: Visitation from 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm, Friday, February 1, 2019 at St. Michael’s Episcopal Church in O’Fallon, IL.
Funeral: Funeral Services will be held at 2:00 pm, Saturday, February 2, 2019 at St. Michael’s Episcopal Church, with Father Ian Wetmore officiating. Interment will follow at Lake View Memorial Gardens, Fairview Heights, IL.