Born: February 13, 1956 - Deceased: May 17, 2022
Bennie Lee Myers, Jr., 66, of Belleville, IL, born Monday, February 13, 1956, in Belleville, IL, passed away Tuesday, May 17, 2022, at his residence in Belleville, IL.
Bennie was a carpenter who built residential homes. He was a huge fan of stock car racing. Bennie served in the United States Navy.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents, Bennie Myers, Sr., and Betty Lou, nee Starms, Darby
- Sister, Betty Lorene Wodochek
- Infant brother, Barry Lynn Myers
- Step-father, Robert Lee Darby Sr.
- Norman Monroe
- William James Bach
- Nephew, Eric Adam Shipley
- Niece, Samantha Monroe
Surviving are his:
- Bonny Monroe of Belleville, IL
- Barbara Nance of New Burnside, IL
- Bridget Gyon (Robert Yohe) of Dillon, CO
- Brother, Robert Darby, Jr. (Ginny Schobert)
- Other dear nieces, nephews, great nieces and great nephews and many cousins
- Special thanks to Anna and Gregg Smith and Marvin and Alvina Prutt
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Disabled Veterans or St. Jude’s Children’s Research.
Visitation: Visitation from 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm, Sunday, May 22, 2022 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral Services will be held at 11:00 am, Monday, May 23, 2022 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Rev. Doug Stewart officiating. Interment will follow at Walnut Hill Cemetery in Belleville, IL.