Born: January 12, 1927 - Deceased: February 7, 2022
Andrew P. Newton, 95, of Mascoutah, IL, passed away peacefully Monday, February 7, 2022, at Brightly Senior Living in Mascoutah, IL.
Andrew was born Wednesday, January 12, 1927, in Belleville, IL.
After graduating high school from Belleville West Township, Andrew proudly served his country in the U.S. Army during World War II. He returned to Belleville after the war and was a Civil Servant for the United States Government for over thirty years. A devout Catholic, he greatly enjoyed watching St. Louis Cardinals baseball and volunteering at Althoff Catholic High School and St. Mary’s Parish. He loved to dance, hit the links, and drink beer with the guys at Bel-Air Bowl. Though he had a dry humor, Andrew also had a warm smile, and there was neither a leak nor repair he thought he couldn’t fix.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Beloved wife: Blanche O., nee Falcetti, Newton
- Son: Richard Newton
- Life-partner of 35 years: Dorothy “Dottie” Woods
- her son, Kevin Woods
- Parents: Harry and Marie, nee Jorns, Newton
Surviving are his:
- Daughter: Kathryn “Kathy” Newton-Neuner of Mascoutah, IL
- Derrick Neuner of St. Louis, MO
- Kalyn Newton of St. Louis, MO
- Extended family
- Paula Coleman of Alhambra, IL
- Kimberly Steinmann of Raleigh, NC
- Lynsey Worthen of St. Jacobs, IL
Memorials: In lieu of flowers please make donations to: Greater St. Louis Honor Flight.
Services: A Memorial Gathering will be held at 12 noon – 3:00 pm, Friday, February 18, 2022 at Kurrus Funeral Home. Graveside service will follow at Green Mount Catholic Cemetery, Belleville, IL, with Deacon Gerry Bach officiating.