Born: March 29, 1948 - Deceased: March 25, 2023
Albert “John” Barenthin Jr., 74, of Champaign, IL, born Monday, March 29, 1948, in Minneapolis, MN, passed away Saturday, March 25, 2023 at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in Saint Louis, MO.
John worked as a Salesperson for the majority of his career, retiring from Matt’s Cookies in 2018. He also spent over 20 years at the Champaign Park District in sports officiating.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents, Albert John Sr. and Ruth Elizabeth, nee Herin, Barenthin
- Brother, Kenneth Richard Barenthin
Surviving are his:
- Loving wife, Linda Barenthin, nee Grohler, of Champaign, IL, married November 9, 1974
- Daughter, Jami (Derek) Houston of Belleville, IL
- Granddaughter, Ava Elizabeth Lucille Houston
- Sister, Evelyn “Jean” Barenthin of Savoy, IL
- many dear nieces, nephews and cousins
The family would like to give a special thank you to staff of the Leukemia/Lymphoma Center on the 9th floor and the 7th floor Stem Cell Transplant and Oncology ICU at Barnes Jewish Hospital.
Memorials: Memorial Donations may be made to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Stratford Park Bible Chapel in Champaign, IL, or the Champaign Park District.
Visitation: Visitation will be from 9:30 am – 11:00 am, Thursday, April 6th, 2023 at Stratford Park Bible Chapel in Champaign, IL.
Funeral: A Memorial Service will be held at 11:00 am, Thursday, April 6th, 2023 at Stratford Park Bible Chapel in Champaign, IL.