Born: March 2, 1935 - Deceased: December 11, 2020
Darlene Doris Farrar, nee Bailey, 85, of Belleville, IL, born Saturday, March 2, 1935 in Sacramento, CA, passed away Friday, December 11, 2020, at St. Elizabeth’s Hospital in O’Fallon, IL.
Darlene owned and operated a bookshop (The BookTrader) and raised four boys. She was a former member of First Divine Science Church and attended Faith Family Church, where she was a member of SWAT & VIP. She belonged to the Country Crossings Home Owners’ Association, the Drury Alumni Association, , PSOP/RSVP, and was a volunteer at MindsEye. A multi-talented and wide-ranging musician, Darlene was a former member of Sweet Adelines and Harmony, Inc., and was also active with the Metro-East Community Chorale, friends of the Gateway Dulcimer Society, and was a founding member of the BLOB.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Parents: Erwin L. and Doris E., nee Bratton, Bailey
- Three brothers
- Dade Bailey
- Arvid Bailey
- Lanny K. Bailey
Surviving are her:
- John Farrar of Caseyville, IL
- Dade (Kelly) Farrar of Belleville, IL
- Wade (Angela) Farrar of Fairview Heights, IL
- Jay (Monica) Farrar of St. Louis, MO
- Shelbe (Joel) Anderson
- Jesse (fiancé Jourdan Martinez) Farrar
- Bailey Farrar
- William Farrar
- Ethan Farrar
- Cassidy Farrar
- Ava Farrar
- One great grandson: Jed Anderson
- Sister:, LeeEllen (Rusty) Cooper of London Spring, OR
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the MindsEye at mindseyeradio.org.
Services: Due to Covid, private family services will be conducted. Live streaming can be viewed at time of service at www.facebook.com/KurrusFH on Friday, December 18, 2020 at 7:00 pm with Pete Hufton officiating.