Carol L. Erlinger, nee Eiskant, 82, of Freeburg, IL, born Wednesday, March 20, 1940, in East St. Louis, IL, passed away Saturday, May 7, 2022, at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in Saint Louis, MO.
Carol retired from Kurrus Funeral Home after working twenty five years as a secretary. She was a member of Bi-County CPW and Emmanuel Nazarene Church. Carol was a devoted and loving wife, mother, grandmother and great grandmother. Her family meant everything to her. She especially enjoyed spending time with her girls and her grandchildren. Even more so when her great lil Blaiklee Grace was born. She would always greet us with a “hi sweetie”! She was a faithful Christian woman and she lived her life as such. She was the rock and the heart of our family. She will and is already greatly missed and loved every day by her family and all who knew her.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Mother, Beulah nee Peck, Eiskant
- Jim Eiskant
- LeRoy Eiskant
- Sister-in-infancy, Lois Jean Eiskant
- Brother-in-law, Calvin Fink
Surviving are her:
- Loving husband of 59 years, Joseph “Joe” L. Erlinger of Freeburg, IL
- Michele “Shelly” (Jim) Beard of Kansas City, KS
- Lori (Mike) Schutzenhofer of Smithton, IL
- Sister, Joan Fink of FL
- Katlyn (Conner) Pardieck of Dupo, IL
- Anthony “AJ” Beard of Kansas City, KS
- Hannah Schutzenhofer
- Adam Schutzenhofer
- Emma Schutzenhofer
- Great-granddaughter, Blaiklee Grace Pardieck
- Many dear nieces & nephews
- Dear friend Carolyn Vaughan
- Her special church family
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Emmanuel Nazarene Church or Angel Flight.
Visitation: Visitation from 3:00 – 8:00 pm, Thursday, May 12, 2022 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL and from 10:00 – 11:00 am Friday, May 13, 2022 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral Services will be held at 11:00 am, Friday, May 13, 2022 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Pastor Russ Brewer officiating. Interment will follow at Valhalla Gardens of Memory in Belleville, IL.