Robert R. "Bob" Zweifel, 83, of Belleville, IL, born Tuesday, June 22, 1926, in Beloit, WI, died Wednesday, July 8, 2009 at Memorial Hospital in Belleville, IL.
Bob proudly served in the military with a career that spanned 28 years. He retired as a MSGT from the USAF after 26 years and, as a WWII veteran, served in the Navy on the U.S.S. Malloy during the Normandy invasion.. He also retired from Sears after 18 years as a large appliance salesman. He was a member of the Belleville Moose and attended First Baptist Church in Belleville.
Bob was quick witted and never without his cup of coffee and will be remembered enjoying this while watching or reading his westerns. He was an avid golfer and as an outdoorsman enjoyed camping and fishing. He was a beloved husband, dad and grandpa. He will be missed by those of us who knew and loved him.
He is preceded in death by:
He is survived by:
- Parents: Emil and Nellie nee Hanson Zweifel
- Brother: Emil Zweifel
- Sister: Betty Culles
- Sister: Joyce Skallerud
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the First Baptist Church, Belleville, IL.
- Wife: Annette M. Zweifel
- Linda Francis of Reno, NV
- Robert Zweifel of Flagstaff, AZ
- Mark Zweifel of Flagstaff, AZ
- Larry (Gail) Landaal of Thomasville, NC
- Terry (Barbara) Landaal of Anchorage, AK
- Cindy (Ted) Budzinski of Jacksonville, FL
- David Reculiz
- Skylar Zweifel
- Jordan Zweifel
- Dillion Zweifel
- Jason Landaal
- Tiffanee Buckley
- Tabathia Walls
- Terry Landaal
- Patrick Landaal
- Caleb Landaal
- Courtney Whisenhut
- Zane Budzinski
- Erika Budzinski
- Rhys Budzinski
- Ryan Budzinski
- Barbara Schempp and her friend, Harold, of Belleville, IL
- Beverly Holten and her friend, Gerry of Belleville, IL
- Lillian Cole of Belleville, IL
- Betty Zweifel of Rockford, IL
- Cousin: Betty Wendthup of Beloit, WI
- Dear Nieces & Nephews
Visitation: Friends may call from 3-6 P.M., Sunday, July 12, 2009 at the Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 10:00 am Monday, July 13, 2009 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Pastor Paul Sowden officiating. Interment will follow at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery, St. Louis, MO.