Alex Berger, Jr., 84, of Millstadt, IL. formerly of St. Louis Co. MO., born Thursday, April 3, 1924, in Jonesboro, AR, died Friday, December 19, 2008 in St. Elizabeth Hospital, Belleville, IL.
Mr. Berger worked as a Cartographer for the Civil Service in St. Louis. He volunteered for St. Louis Red Cross for many years and a WWII Navy Veteran.
He is preceded in death by:
He is survived by:
- First Wife: Margot Berger
- Parents: Alex and Rosa Berger, Sr.
- Brother: Marcus Berger
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the 100 Neediest Cases, St. Louis, MO (www.100neediestcases.org) or St. Vincent DePaul
- Wife: Barbara Berger, Millstadt, IL
- Nephew: Alex (Cindy) Berger, III, Clayton, MO
- Niece: Marcia Berger, University City, MO
- Step Children
- Michael Smith, Millstadt, IL
- Mark (Diana) Smith, Millstadt, IL
- Melinda (Terry) Adams, Millstadt, IL
- Brian Smith, Millstadt, IL
- William (Barbara) Morgenthaler, Maryland Hgts.,MO
- Judy (George) Meyer, Creve Coeur, MO
- James (Wanda) Morgenthaler, Wildwood, MO
- Several Step-Grandchildren and Great Grandchildren
Visitation: Friends may call from 4-8 P.M., Monday, December 22, 2008 at the Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Private funeral services and Entombment will be held Tuesday, December 23, 2008 at Valhalla Cemetery, St. Louis, MO.