Charles M. Black, Jr.
June 5, 1923 - February 10, 2017
Service Date: February 13, 2017
Charles M. Black, Jr., 93, of Caseyville, Illinois, born Tuesday, June 5, 1923, in Overbrook, KS, died Friday, February 10, 2017, in Belleville, Illinois.
Charlie served as a Weatherman in Europe during WWII in the US Army Air Corps. He graduated from UCLA in 1949, where he was a member of Sigma Pi fraternity. He worked as a managing Aircraft Systems Analyst for Lockheed Aircraft Corporation on the C-130 Hercules, C-141 Starlifter, and C-5 Galaxy programs. He and Genie lived in exotic places around the world, including Los Angeles, North Georgia, Tehran, Iran, South Texas, and Belleville.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents: Charles M. Black, Sr. and Mollie, nee Perryman, Black
- Brother: Jerry Black
Surviving are his:
- Wife of 68 years: Genie, nee Glaser, Black of Caseyville, IL
- Bruce M. (Ruth) Black of Belleville, IL
- Diane (Doug) Bales of Jasper, GA
- Linda (Jeff) Forslund of Isle of Palms, SC
- Teri (Steve) Calhoun of Newport News, VA
- Jerry (Mary) Black of Joplin, MO
- 9 Grandchildren
- 21 Great-Grandchildren
- Numerous friends
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the National Kidney Foundation.
No local services. He will be interred at Canton Georgia National Cemetery.