Dr. William R. Caldwell Sr.
August 20, 1943 - October 1, 2014
Service Date: October 5, 2014
Dr. William R. “Buddha” Caldwell Sr., Col U.S.A.F. (Ret.), 71, of Belleville, born Friday, August 20, 1943, in St. Louis, MO, died Wednesday, October 1, 2014 at Memorial Hospital in Belleville, Illinois.
Bill was a professor at SIU Carbondale. He was a member of First United Presbyterian Church, Belleville Illinois, a Vietnam Air Force Veteran, Order of Daedalians, Recipient of the Air Force Cross Award, Distinguished Flying Cross Award, and Legion of Merit Award.
He was preceded in death by his:
- 1st Wife: Judith nee McAllister Caldwell
- Parents: William & Margueriette nee Gray, Caldwell
- Sister: Audrey Adams
Surviving are his:
- Wife: Karen Caldwell
- Daughter: Jacalyn (Jim Graham) McAlister of Port Aransas, TX
- William R. “Robb” Caldwell, Jr. of Louisville, KY
- Kyle (Gail) Hancock of Mascoutah, IL
- Kevin (Nicole) Hancock of O’Fallon, IL
- Kirk (Valerie) Hancock of O’Fallon, IL
- Sister, Linda Partington of Fulton, MO
- 2 Granddaughters
- 4 Grandsons
- 1 Great Grandson
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the ROTC at SIU Carbondale.
Visitation: Friends may call from 1:30 pm – 4:00 pm Sunday, October 5, 2014 at First United Presbyterian Church in Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 4:00 pm Sunday, October 5, 2014 at First United Presbyterian Church, with Pastor Rob Dyer officiating. Private family interment at Caledonia Cemetery, Sparta, Illinois.