Dorothy P. Heskett
June 4, 1927 - December 1, 2018
Service Date: December 5, 2018
Dorothy P. Heskett, nee Crim, 91, of Belleville, IL, born Saturday, June 4, 1927, in Hannibal, MO, passed away Saturday, December 1, 2018 at Cedarhurst of Shiloh with her devoted husband of 71 years and family by her side.
Dorothy grew up in Hannibal and graduated from Hannibal High. She was married to her childhood sweetheart, Jay Heskett, and moved to Belleville, IL.
Dorothy’s greatest joy were her children and grandchildren. She and Jay loved to traveling throughout the USA and the world.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Parents: Adolphus Andrew and Gertrude Mae, nee Dooley, Crim
- Daughter: Joni Quaas
- Brother: John Crim
- 5 Sisters
- Marie Jefferson
- Helen Creach
- Lilian Riepe
- Bonnie Holiday
- Jane Glover
- Half-Sister: Lyda Schwartz
Surviving are her:
- Husband of 71 years: John “Jay” Heskett of Belleville, IL
- Janet (Thomas) Kammann of Baneberry, TN
- Christy (JoAnn Radil) Heskett of Saint Louis, MO
- Marty (Shane ) Heskett of Belleville, IL
- Karen (Charles) Farver of Denver, CO
- Son-in-law: Dr. Robert Quaas, of Belleville, IL
- 13 Grandchildren
- Kurt Kammann
- Kara Russell
- Scott (Kristin) Kammann
- Mindi (Jake) Stokely
- Cori Halbert
- Dax (Taylor Davison) Gitcho
- RaeAnna (Ryan Dapson) Heskett
- Jay Martin
- Perri (August) Ritter
- Tiffany Brinkmann
- Alyssa (Zach Ruemmler) Heskett
- Lynn (Patrick) Wrubel
- Edward Quaas
- 19 Great-Grandchildren
- 1 Great Great-Granddaughter
Special Thanks: The family would like to sincerely thank the staff at Cedarhurst of Shiloh and Home Instead.
Memorials: In lieu of flowers memorials may be made to the Alzheimer’s Association
Visitation: Visitation from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm, Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Graveside Service will be held at 1:15 pm, , December 5, 2018 at Reiss Chapel at Lakeview Memorial Gardens. Interment will follow at Lake View Memorial Gardens, Fairview Heights, Illinois.