July 8, 1926 - September 5, 2018
Service Date: September 10, 2018
Lorraine Rice, nee Anderson, 92, of Belleville, Illinois, born Thursday, July 8, 1926, in East St. Louis, IL, peacefully passed away Wednesday, Sept. 5, 2018, at Mercy Rehabilitation & Care Center, in Swansea, Illinois.
Lorraine was a valued member and former Deacon of Signal Hill Lutheran Church, Belleville, IL, graduated from East St. Louis Senior High School and enjoyed playing bridge with close friends.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Husband, former St. Clair County State’s Attorney Robert H. Rice
- Parents Dewey and Marguerite Anderson
Surviving are her:
- Judge Stephen R. (Margaret) Rice of Belleville, IL
- Journalist Susan D. Rice of Belleville and San Francisco
- Attorney Philip R. (Terri) Rice of Shiloh, IL
- She was blessed with five grandchildren:
- Amber (Chris) Oliver
- Rhett (Melissa) Brantley
- Sara Rice
- Elaine (Matt) Weiler
- Ashley (Marcus) Krieg
- Five great-grandchildren
- Charlie Oliver
- Abigail Brantley
- John Brantley
- Carter Krieg
- Alivia Krieg
- Two sisters:
- Jeannie Franzen
- Patsy Watson
Condolences made be expressed by mail to Susan Rice, 1 Parkridge, Belleville, IL 62226.
Memorials may be made to the Alzheimer’s Association.
Services: The family will celebrate Lorraine’s life at a private ceremony on Monday, September 10, 2018.