Henry "Hank" R. Bohnemeier
January 19, 1924 - September 6, 2018
Service Date: September 10, 2018
Henry “Hank” R. Bohnemeier, 94, of O’Fallon, Illinois, born Saturday, January 19, 1924, in Belleville, IL, passed away Thursday, September 6, 2018 at The Colonnade in O’Fallon, Illinois.
Henry worked as a Truck Driver for Weeke Wholesale for 52 years. He was a life-long member of St. Paul United Church of Christ, Belleville, Illinois, Church Council Financial Secretary for 4 years, past president for High Mount PTA, volunteer for Memorial Hospital Auxiliary, Northside Lions Club past secretary and treasurer, High Mount School Board for 8 years, and St. Paul’s Fireside Club. He was a WWII Veteran in the 754th Field Artillery Battalion, where he served under General George Patton 3rd Army in the Battle of the Bulge.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Daughter, Penny S. Kennedy
- Father, Henry F. and Selma L., nee Kloess, Bohnemeier
Surviving are his:
- Wife, Ellen “Sis”, nee Griebel, Bohnemeier of O’Fallon, IL
- Son, Terry L. (Cindy) Bohnemeier of O’Fallon, IL
- 5 Grandchildren:
- Christopher (Amy) Kennedy of FL
- Jeffrey Kennedy of Vanderbilt, TX
- Jennifer (Gary) Janning of O’Fallon, IL
- Chris (Emily) Bohnemeier of Maryville, IL
- Maggie (Danny) Bradac of Nashville, IL
- 10 Great-Grandchildren:
- Lauren Kennedy
- Cade Kennedy
- Cooper Kennedy
- Emma Janning
- Alli Janning
- Paige Bohnemeier
- Kayla Bohnemeier
- Alex Bradac
- Austin Bradac
- Quinn Kennedy
- Son-in-Law, Mike Kennedy of Fairview Heights, IL
- 2 Sisters-in-Law:
- Helen Lehr of Lebanon, IL
- Doris “Toots” Steiner of O’Fallon, IL
- Many Loving Nieces & Nephews
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the St. Paul United Church of Christ in Belleville, IL or Heartland Hospice.
Visitation: Visitation from 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm, Sunday, September 9, 2018 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, Illinois and from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Monday, September 10, 2018 at the funeral home.
Funeral: Funeral Services will be held at 1:00 pm, Monday, September 10, 2018 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Kerry Turk officiating. Interment will follow at Lake View Memorial Gardens, Fairview Heights, Illinois.