Maxene L. Batten
May 30, 1925 - June 9, 2018
Service Date: June 14, 2018
Maxene L. Batten, nee Lindsey, 93, of Belleville, IL, born May 30, 1925, in Peoria, IL, passed away Saturday, June 9, 2018 at Memorial Hospital in Belleville, IL.
Maxene worked for different banks in the area as a secretary. She was a former member of Peace Lutheran Church, Belleville, IL. She was an avid bowler and excellent seamstress.
She was a loving daughter and wife and a wonderful mother and a dear friend.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Husband: Richard H. Batten
- Parents: Kenneth & Gladys nee Wickert Lindsey
- Brother: Warren Lindsey
- Mother-in-law: Mary Edna nee Ross Batten
Surviving are her:
- Daughter: Cheri L. Batten of Belleville, IL
- Brother: John Lindsey of FL
- Nephew: David (Teri) Lindsey of Belleville, IL
- Great Niece: Crystal (Joe) Yates of Belleville, IL
- 2 Great Nephews: Austen and Dayten Yates
- Special Friends
- Jeanette Nickel
- Karen and Steve Woolf
- Donna Sims
- Many other dear friends.
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Ronald McDonald House, St. Louis.
Visitation: Visitation from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm, Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral Services will be held at 10:00 am, Thursday, June 14, 2018 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Pastor Bill Pierce officiating. Interment will follow at Valhalla Gardens of Memory, Belleville, IL.