Clarence H. Goldsmith
March 24, 1926 - May 31, 2018
Service Date: June 8, 2018
Clarence H. Goldsmith, 92, of Caseyville, Illinois, born Wednesday, March 24, 1926, in Kuttawa, KY, passed away Thursday, May 31, 2018 at St. Elizabeth’s Hospital in O’Fallon, Illinois.
Clarence worked as a School Superintendent for E. St. Louis District 189. He was a member of Gothic Lodge #852 AF&AM, Scottish Rite Bodies, Ainad Shrine, 82nd Airborne Division Association, VFW Post 1117, Caseyville, IL, American Legion Post 0365, Collinsville, IL, and a United States World War II Army Veteran.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Wife: Marian B. nee Dmuchoski, Goldsmith
- Brother: Ronald L. Goldsmith
- 2 Sisters
- Isabelle A. Griffin
- Daphne E. Ayllon
- Great-Granddaughter: Sophia Grace Knutsen
Surviving are his:
- 2 Daughters
- Sydney Lynn (Col. Douglas) Knutsen of Glen Carbon, Illinois
- Stacey Ann (Al) Stith of Las Vegas, NV
- Sister: Phyllis J. Jennings of Kansas City, MO
- 2 Grandchildren
- Russ (Beth Kozel) Knutsen
- Elizabeth (Scott) Plescia
- 4 Great-Grandchildren
- Joshua Knutsen
- Daniel Knutsen
- Luke Knutsen
- Anna Knutsen
Memorials: In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Gateway WWII Museum, through Summers, Compton, & Wells, in care of Melissa Saputo, 8909 Ladue Road, St. Louis, MO 63124.
Visitation: Visitation from 11:00 am – 12:30 pm, Friday, June 8, 2018 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Private Graveside Service will be held at Lake View Memorial Gardens, Fairview Heights, IL.