Marjorie A. Kellogg
January 5, 1933 - May 2, 2018
Service Date: May 12, 2018
Marjorie Ann Kellogg, nee Sprang, 85, of Belleville, Illinois, born Thursday, January 5, 1933, in Kenton, OH, passed away Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in Saint Louis, Missouri.
Marjorie was a member of Christ United Methodist Church, Fairview Heights, Illinois. She was very active with the church and the United Methodist Women’s Group and the Quilting Group. She also volunteered for the Red Cross over the years and various other organizations; she was a real-estate agent, a homemaker who took care of 4 kids while her husband was traveling with his duties in the Army. She was an avid gardener, seamstress, loved to cross-stitch, crochet and loved traveling with Kenneth after his retirement.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Husband: Kenneth E. Kellogg
- Father: Ralph Sprang
- Mother: Beatrice nee Ellis, Broseke
- Step-Father: Walter Broseke
- 2 Brothers
- Neal Sprang
- Ralph Sprang
Surviving are her:
- Curtis (Connie) Kellogg of Millstadt, IL
- Janette “Jan” Shocklee of Pacific, MO
- Randy (Kelly) Kellogg of Swansea, IL
- Scott Kellogg of Clearwater, FL
- Brother: Richard “Dick” Sprang of Spartanburg, SC
- 10 Grandchildren
- 5 Great-Grandchildren
- Brother-in-Law: Rex Kellogg of Forest, OH
- Sister-in-Law: Carol Sprang of Columbus, OH
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Christ United Methodist Church, Fairview Heights, IL.
Visitation: Visitation from 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm, Friday, May 11, 2018 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, Illinois and from 10:00 am – 11:00 am Saturday, May 12, 2018 at Christ United Methodist Church in Fairview Heights, IL.
Funeral: Memorial Service will be held at 11:00 am, Saturday, May 12, 2018 at Christ United Methodist Church, with Rev. Shane Bishop officiating. Private interment will be held at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery, St. Louis, Missouri.