January 31, 1923 - April 13, 2018
Service Date: April 16, 2018
Filisa Kochay, nee Pelekanos, 95, of Fairview Heights, Illinois, born Wednesday, January 31, 1923, in Greece passed away Friday, April 13, 2018 at Manor Court in Maryville, Illinois.
Filisa was a member of St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church, St. Louis, Missouri.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Husband: John Kochay
- Parents: George and Maria nee Papagianakis, Pelekanos
- 2 Brothers
- Habalabos Pelekanos
- Angelo Pelekanos
- Brother and Sister-in-Law: Richard and Aniela Uthe
Surviving are her:
- Daughter: Mary K. (Thomas) O’Hara of Fairview Heights, IL
- Brother: Pete Pelekanos of Saint Louis, MO
- Sister: Despoola Vourla of Greece
- 2 Grandchildren
- Kaleigh (Steve Hanrahan) Roberts
- Brittany (Tim) Northcutt
- 2 Great-Grandchildren
- Posey Filisa Northcutt
- Sampson John Northcutt
- 5 Nieces
- Pat (Fritz) Walters
- Alexandra Pelekanos (Roger)
- Georgia Pelekanos
- Mary Ann Polt
- Theresa Gower
- 2 Nephews
- Mark (Debbie) Uthe
- George (Cathy) Pelekanos
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Alzheimer’s Association.
Visitation: Visitation from 9:00 am – 10:00 am, Monday, April 16, 2018 at St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church, 4967 Forest Park Avenue, St. Louis, MO.
Funeral: Funeral Services will be held at 10:00 am, Monday, April 16, 2018 at St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church, with Father Douglas Papulis and Father Michael Arbanas officiating. Interment will follow at St. Matthew Cemetery, St. Louis, MO.