Nancy C. Donovan
November 23, 1926 - April 10, 2018
Service Date: April 14, 2018
Nancy C. Donovan, nee Byrne, 91, of Belleville, Illinois, born Tuesday, November 23, 1926, in St. Louis, MO, died Tuesday, April 10, 2018 at her residence.
Nancy was a member of Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church, Belleville, Illinois, the Hiberians, St. Clair County Medical Auxiliary, St. Ann’s Sodality, and President of the Academy of Notre Dame Mother’s Club in 1967.
Born to Tom and Mary Byrne, she graduated from FontBonne College and married Pat Lamb in 1949. Nancy was a loving mother to six children, an avid golfer and tennis player and lots of fun to friends and family. After losing our dad, mom married Harold Donovan and they enjoyed 20 years together.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Husband: Harold A. Donovan, Sr.
- First Husband: Dr. F. Patrick Lamb
- Daughter: Judith Lamb
- Parents: Thomas J. and Mary nee Russell, Byrne
- Grandson: Patrick Dylan Fiore
- 3 Brothers
- Russell Byrne
- Carrol Byrne
- Thomas Bryne
- Sister: Madelyn Monteath
Surviving are her:
- Martha (Walter) Burke of Glenview, IL
- Carol (Melvin) McCartney of Madison, WI
- Maureen (James) Best of Ft. Collins, CO
- Madelyn J. (Peter Fiore, Jr.) Lamb of Belleville, IL
- F. Patrick (Kathy) Lamb of Santa Fe, NM
- 2 Step-Sons
- Harold A. (Louisa) Donovan, Jr. of St. Louis, MO
- Michael C. Donovan of Webster Groves, MO
- Brother: Paul (Jane) Byrne of Birmingham, AL
- Son-in-Law: Dr. Michael Firth of Golden, CO
- Brother-in-Law: Edward Monteath
- 18 Grandchildren
- 4 great Grandchildren
A special thanks: to mom’s caregivers Rowena, Alesia, and Margie.
Memorials: Memorials preferred to Blessed Sacrament School Endowment Fund.
Visitation: Visitation from 10:00 am – 11:00 am Saturday, April 14, 2018 at Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church in Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Mass of Christian Burial will be Saturday, April 14, 2018 at 11:00 am at Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church, Belleville, Illinois with Father Matthew Elie officiating Interment will follow at Mount Carmel Cemetery, Belleville, Illinois.