Joan L. Baker
July 1, 1936 - April 10, 2018
Service Date: April 17, 2018
Joan L. Baker, nee Tourville, 81, of Freeburg, Illinois, born Wednesday, July 1, 1936, in East Saint Louis, IL, passed away Tuesday, April 10, 2018 at Memorial Care Center in Belleville, Illinois.
Joan was owner/operator of Bit of Magic beauty salon in Belleville, IL. She was a member of First Baptist Church, Mascoutah, Illinois.
She was preceded in death by her: Husband, Fred O. Baker
- Parents: Clarence V. and Lillian, nee Freeder, Tourville
- Sister: Donna Beasley
- Son-in-Law: Eladio Quinones
Surviving are her:
- Andrea (John) Davis of Swansea, IL
- Laura (Tim) Hagarty of Belleville, IL
- Elizabeth (Rick) Bittner of O’Fallon, IL
- Linda (Craig) Trask of Ashley, IL
- Bruce (Dawn) Baker of Marissa, IL
- Paula Quinones of O’Fallon, IL
- 15 Grandchildren:
- Jason (Angelina) Davis
- Bradley Davis
- Blaine Davis
- Jarrad Davis
- Matthew (Irma) Hagarty
- Danielle (Jeremy) Shannon
- Brendan Hagarty
- Nicole (Nathan) Parchman
- Nathaniel (Sarah) Bittner
- Erica (Ben) Donoho
- Rachel (Nathan) DeMeo
- Breanna (Adam) Colstock
- Caleb Baker
- Caitlyn Baker
- Gabrielle (David) Schweiss
- 18 Great-Grandchildren
- Sister-in-Law: Cora Fickinger of Belleville, IL
- Dear Nieces and Nephews
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the St. Louis Children’s Hospital – Kids Caring For Cancer Endowment Fund, Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation, or Donor’s Choice.
Visitation: Visitation from 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm, Monday, April 16, 2018 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral Services will be held at 11:00 am, Tuesday, April 17, 2018 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Rev. Duane Smith officiating. Interment will follow at Lake View Memorial Gardens, Fairview Heights, IL.