Eilene Kirby Gross
April 27, 1924 - March 5, 2018
Service Date: March 8, 2018
Eilene Kirby Gross, nee Krueger, 93, of Belleville, Illinois, born Sunday, April 27, 1924, in Altamont, IL, passed away Monday, March 5, 2018 at Memorial Hospital East in Shiloh, Illinois.
Lene worked as a Clerk for 42 years for the Wabash Railroad (Norfolk & Southern). She was a member of Bethany Lutheran Church, Fairview Heights, Illinois. While Lene lived in Virginia, she bowled in the VA Commonwealth games winning a gold medal for 1st in bowling and won another year for 3rd place. She exhibited her roses in competition and won several 1st place ribbons. Lene also exhibited aprons and dresses she made and won 1st place and 2nd on her items shown at the Fair. She was also involved in The Rose Organization, 4-H Club, Altar Guild, LWML, and Railroad Business Women. After the deaths of her husbands, Lene continued traveling to many areas of the United States.
She was preceded in death by her:
- First Husband, Louis Kirby
- Second Husband, Cleo Gross
- Parents, Theodore and Elizabeth, nee Siegman, Krueger
- Step-Daughter, Joan Walter
- Brother, Howard Krueger
- 3 Sisters:
- Irene Franz
- Frances Caldwell
- Alida Krofchick
Surviving are her:
- Jane Morris of St. Louis, MO
- Larry (Glorita) Kirby of St. Louis, MO
- Jean Kirby of St. Louis, MO
- Sister, Elizabeth Hawk of Rochester, IL
- Caretaker, Debbie Kirby of Belleville, IL
- Numerous Step-Grandchildren, Great-Grandchildren, and Great, Great-Grandchildren
- Nieces, Nephews, Great-Nieces and Nephews, and Great, Great-Nieces and Nephews
- Many Dear Friends
Visitation: Visitation from 10:00 am – 11:00 am, Thursday, March 8, 2018 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral Services will be held at 11:00 am, Thursday, March 8, 2018 at Kurrus Funeral Home. Interment will follow at Bellefontaine Cemetery, St. Louis, Missouri.